New Job Opportunities for hematopathologists (Updated July 24, 2009)
1. Hematopathologist in TEXAS (USA). West Texas private reference laboratory seeking AP/CP board certified/eligible Pathologists. Candidates with additional hematopathology experience would be very desirable. This busy practice supports two community based hospitals with over a hundred and fifty physicians on staff as well as maintaining a consultation practice with several surrounding rural hospitals. Please forward a curriculum vitae and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Midland Pathologists, PA
Attn: Kathy Brewer, MBA, CT (ASCP)
2008 W. Ohio Avenue
Midland, Texas 79701
2. Hematopathologist in KALAMAZOO, MICHIGAN USA). Pathology Services of Kalamazoo, PC is seeking to hire a Hematopathologist for 2010. The group consists of six pathologists with an expanding practice based at Bronson Methodist Hospital, a 2005 Malcolm Baldridge National Quality Award winner. We provide pathology services for four hospitals in southwest Michigan and are affiliated with the West Michigan Cancer Center. Our service load includes over 26,000 surgicals, 2,000 medical cytology cases, 34,000 ThinPrep Paps and 250 bone marrows annually. The clinical laboratory is likewise experiencing significant growth. Kalamazoo is home to Western Michigan University and located in southwest Michigan close to Lake Michigan and Chicago. Qualified candidates will be BC/BE in AP/CP and in Hematopathology.
Interested candidates should contact Cadace Lee at 800-594-9022 or email@example.com
3. Hematopathologist in LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK (USA). Acupath Laboratories, Inc. is a rapidly growing, national laboratory based in Long Island, NY, that specializes in pathology and cancer genetics. We are seeking a full-time Hematopathologist to join our renowned staff of pathologists and lead our expanding Hematopathology Division. The candidate must have experience with Acupath’s full line of comprehensive in-house testing services for hematologic diseases that includes Lymph Node Analysis, Immunohistochemistry, Peripheral Blood and Bone Marrow Morphology, Cytogenetics, Flow Cytometry, FISH and Molecular Diagnostics.
The ideal candidate must have 5+ years experience in Hematopathology and must be board certified in Hematopathology, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology. Acupath is continually adding the latest tests, assays and disease panels, and the responsibilities for this position also involve developing and improving our diagnostic services. In addition to our high-quality diagnostics, we pride ourselves on our customized and personalized services, and the candidate should be comfortable forming dependable relationships with our clients and adhering to their customizations.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
For immediate consideration, please email your profile or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Hematopathologist in CARROLLTON, GEORGIA (USA). Excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic pathologist to join our expanding hospital based private practice in Carrollton, Georgia. Experience in laboratory management and/or hematopathology is preferred. In addition to superior diagnostic skills, our pathologists are comfortable working in collaborative clinical environments, demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills and have a sincere desire to serve patients, medical staff members and lab personnel.
Must be AP/CP board certified (or board eligible), and must be eligible for licensure in the states of Georgia and Alabama.
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, CME and paid time off. All positions offer potential for partnership.
Interested individuals should submit a CV and a list of three references to Birgit James at email@example.com or fax 512.597.2713.
5. Hematopathologist in MODESTO, CALIFORNIA (USA). Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc. (YPMG) is seeking to fill a new Full-Time Pathologist position.
The successful candidate will have a California Medical License and will be board-eligible or board certified in Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology. Special consideration will be given to the candidate with additional board eligibility or certification in Hematopathology.
Applications are invited from recent graduates of residency programs as well as those anticipating completion in the summer of 2009.
Compensation will be competitive and there is a generous benefits package.
YPMG is a Group of 13 pathologists. YPMG has provided services to hospitals and physicians throughout the Northern San Joaquin Valley since 1948. YPMG’s main office is located in Modesto, California. For recreational purposes, San Francisco is only 1.5 hours to the West and Lake Tahoe and Monterey are each only 2.5 hours away respectively.
We operate our own histology service with a wide menu of immunohistochemistries, as well as conventional histology. There is sub-specialty representation in Cytopathology and Dermatopathology. We perform both ThinPrep™ and conventional Cytology (GYN and Non-GYN). We perform computer assisted image processing for Estrogen Receptor, Progesterone Receptor and Her2/neu as well as micro-metastases. Flow Cytometry interpretation is performed in-house.
Direct Contact Information:
John E. Baker, M.D.
Yosemite Pathology Medical Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 4140
Modesto, Ca. 95350
6. Hematopathologist in INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA (USA). The Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine seeks a hematopathologist with strong diagnostic skills and an interest in teaching and research. This is a tenure-track faculty position; rank will be determined by qualifications and experience.
The Division of Hematopathology is responsible for the hematology, hemostasis, and flow cytometry laboratories of Indiana University’s seven-hospital complex, which includes Clarian Health Partners (Methodist Hospital, University Hospital, Riley Children’s Hospital, Clarian West and Clarian North), the Roudebush VA Medical Center, and Wishard Memorial Hospital. The division signs out approximately 1700 bone marrows and over 1400 lymph node and other biopsies annually. There is an active ACGME-accredited fellowship program in hematopathology.
Applicants must have a strong interest in diagnostic hematopathology, and a commitment to education and research. Certification by the American Board of Pathology in anatomic or clinical, or anatomic and clinical pathology is required. Subspecialty certification in hematology by the American Board of Pathology is highly desirable.
The department recently moved into a new dedicated laboratory building with first class facilities and has embarked on an aggressive expansion of outreach activities. Indiana University is the sole medical school in the State of Indiana and has outstanding programs in adult and pediatric clinical hematology and bone marrow transplantation. Indianapolis is a thriving Midwestern city with a vibrant downtown community, outstanding cultural and sports facilities, beautiful suburbs and a low cost of living.
Send curriculum vitae, a letter outlining your interests and experience, and the names of 3 professional references to:
John N Eble, MD, MBA, FRCPA
Nordschow Professor and Chairman
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
7. Hematopathologist in Canada Diagnostic Services of Manitoba is seeking applications for a full-time hematopathologist with interest in Transfusion Medicine.
The successful applicant will be based at the Hematopathology Laboratories of the University of Manitoba affiliated hospitals, St. Boniface General and Health Sciences Centre, in Winnipeg, and will join a practice group that provides comprehensive diagnostic hematopathology and transfusion services to the Province of Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario.
Primary duties will include general hematopathology, neoplastic and non-neoplastic, as well as transfusion medicine services, in support of various tertiary care programs, and a provincial referral program. There is opportunity for engaging in hematology and transfusion medicine related clinical research. Candidates will be expected to take part in the teaching of postgraduate and undergraduate students, and will hold an appointment at the University of Manitoba, Department of Pathology, which will commensurate with experience and achievements.
Candidates must have the pertinent specialty qualifications in the country of current practice and must be eligible for registration with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba. Acceptable certifications include Hematological Pathology, Anatomical, General Pathology, or equivalent, with additional Hematopathology and transfusion training. Hematopathology qualification by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada is preferred.
Applications are encouraged from qualified women and men, including members of visible minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.
Applications, accompanied by curriculum vitae, a list of publications and the names of three references should be sent to:
Administrative Assistant to the Hematopathology Discipline
Health Sciences Centre
MS559L, 820 Sherbrook Street
Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9
Telelphone: (204) 787-2807, Fax:(204) 787-4030
8. Hematopathologist in URBANA, ILLINOIS (USA). Carle Clinic Association, a 330-physician multispecialty group based in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, is seeking an AP/CP certified General Pathologist and a fellowship-trained Hematopathologist to complement our 7-physician team. Fellowship training in Dermatopathology or Chemistry will enhance the General Pathology position, but is not required.
Founded in 1931, Carle Clinic Association has served central Illinois and western Indiana for nearly 80 years. With 13 branch facilities, and over 50 medical and surgical specialties and subspecialties, Carle has become one of the largest out-patient treatment centers in Illinois.
• Currently, a cohesive 7-physician Pathology team, complemented by 2 Pathology Assistants
• 1:9 call with addition of the new hires
• Provides services for Carle Clinic Association and Carle Foundation Hospital, including our cystic fibrosis center and high-risk obstetrics service
• On-site flow cytometry
• Growing molecular pathology section
• Comprehensive cancer care approach with the Mills Breast Institute & Cancer Center
• Opportunity to teach medical students and medical residents
• Organizationally owned malpractice and health insurance programs
• Excellent compensation and benefits
Community Highlights :
• Home to the “Big Ten” University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, Illinois is a progressive university community, offering diverse cultural, sporting, and entertainment options typically associated with larger, metropolitan areas.
• Excellent environment for both single and family living
• Excellent educational opportunities for all ages
• Direct flights to the major hubs throughout the Midwest
• Centrally located to Chicago, Indianapolis, and St. Louis
Contact: Sue Idleman, Search Consultant ? 800.436.3095, extension 4108? firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Hematopathologist in Kaiser Permanente, Southern California is seeking a Hemotopathologist for its Orange County Medical Center. Requirements: Must be AP and CP Trained. CA License obtained.
Combined Surgical Pathology and Hematopathology position (40-50 percent of Hematopathology cases; daily volume varies).
The Southern California Permanente Medical Group, physicians find recognition, stability, opportunity, and independence. Driven by the needs of our members and built on a platform in which medical decisions are made by physicians, each of our locations is able to self-manage the resources necessary for the delivery of excellent patient care. Beyond the practice of medicine, our physicians are provided with many personal and professional opportunities, including research, teaching, and participation in leadership activities. In addition, our physicians donate countless hours of their time by volunteering to help the causes of hundreds of community health organizations. The Southern California Permanente Medical Group delivers:
An enhanced compensation and benefits package, including potential shareholder status after three years of practice.
An integrated health care system emphasizing collaboration and decisions made by physicians. A long-standing history of stability.
10. Hematopathologist in Pathology of Springfield, Springfield, Missouri
Seeking a full-time BC/DE hematopathologist with board certification in AP/CP with experience in all aspects of surgical pathology.
Seeking a full-time BC/DE hematopathologist with board certification in AP/CP with experience in all aspects of surgical pathology. The position involves active oversight of a busy hematology department evaluating over 500 bone marrows annually, and numerous lymph nodes with related flow cytometry. Joining a group of 6 pathologists examining approximately 30,000 surgical cases and 2,000 cytology cases annually. Group includes dermatopathologist, cytopathologist, and breast pathologist, as well as two full-time pathology assistants for grossing.
Springfield is the third largest city in Missouri, home to Missouri State University and Drury University, great schools, top notch entertainment, superior health care facilities, an active arts community, bountiful opportunities for outdoor recreation, and a temperate climate that nurtures the best of the four seasons.